Here is the replay of last Sunday’s message. This was the Mother’s Day sermon for 2020. We were all encouraged to seek the mind of Christ.
You can read I Corinthians 2:6-12 as a foundation for watching the video.
We have three observations about finding and receiving the hidden wisdom of God, and about seeking the mind of Christ.
3 Observations about Seeking The
Mind Of Christ That Every Christian Needs to Make
I Cor. 2:6-12
When you were a kid, did it seem like your Mom had eyes in the back of her
(My mother – always offered visitors snack cakes)
Many mothers are wise in dealing with their
However, when they go though all the things they have to face, they sometimes
are at their wits end.
All of us, like mothers, need to make good decisions in our lives.
Today we are going to talk about how to make better decisions and discover the hidden wisdom of God without having to go through tons of mistakes.
We can make three observations about getting the wisdom of God as described in I. Cor. 2:6-12
Let’s read the text.
Observation #1 – The Natural Person Misses The Mind Of Christ And The Hidden Wisdom Of God
- This wisdom is for those who are mature in the Lord (6)
- The rulers of the age missed it (8)
- (political leaders would not let churches open, but they would let liquor stores open)
- (political leaders want churches to limit their gatherings to ten people, but big department stores have full parking lots)
- If the rulers had known the wisdom of God, they would not have crucified the Lord of Glory (8)
- The natural person thinks the things of God are foolishness (14)
Observation #2 – The Holy Spirit Gives The Mind Of Christ And The Hidden Wisdom Of God To Us
- He describes wonderful things for us (9)
- He searches the deep things of God (10-11)
- He compares spiritual things with Spiritual (13)
Observation #3 – The Bible Says We Have The Mind Of Christ
- The spiritual person is able to judge all things (15)
- No one has known the mind of the Lord that we may instruct Him (16)
- We have the mind of Christ (16)
- (we see through a glass darkly)
- (we receive more light as we receive light)
- (our understanding grows as we compare spiritual things with spiritual things)
- (we grow as we receive the gift of wisdom that the Holy Spirit give)
So, here’s how every Christian can move forward from here:
- We are fearful of living in an uncertain world
- We are face with many situations where we don’t know what to do
- Children don’t come with instruction manuals per se
- Ask God to give you wisdom
- (teenage years — just get through them –James Dobson)
- Seek the mind of Christ
The big encouragement here is that you can make better decisions without having to go through tons of mistakes.
Now, if you’ are serious about learning how to really make this work for you, may I suggest that you come to Christ if you don’t know Him, and to seek the mind of Christ if you do know Him. In either case meet Him at the place of prayer. If you do this, you will make better decisions and discover the hidden wisdom of God. When you receive the gift of wisdom, you will make better decisions without having to go through tons of mistakes!
If you like this message, you can find more faith-based posts here.
You can more videos like these here.